How big should blog images be? The Internet is a visual place and high quality images is the best way to make your blog stand out from the rest of the articles. Knowing what image you should use ensures that they appear crisp on your website – without slowing down your website. It also ensures that they appear on all browsers and mobile devices. Get your images to span the width of your page to make it cleaner than having them in different sizes.
There is no right blog images sizes. You just have to base it on your blog content width. For instance, your blog content are is 690 pixels wide. Don’t size your image larger than 690 pixels because it will only be shrunk when shown on screen. Also, keep in mind that there is no concept of per inch in web layout. This means that DPI (dot per inch) and PPI (pixel per inch) are not relevant when editing your blog images.
So, how will you find your blog’s optimal image size? The easiest way is to figure out your post column width and then double it. Retina screens have a higher resolution. Doubling your post column width ensures that your blog images look sharp even for those using retina screens. To find out your post column width, open your Chrome browser. On the upper right corner, you will see three dots. Click it and scroll down to More Tools, then click Developer Tools.
Once you’re in the Developer Tools, click the icon on the top left hand corner to select an element to inspect. Hover over an element in your webpage to see the dimensions. The first number is the width. Write the number down and multiply it by two. That’s your optimal image size. If you had someone design your site or if you bought a template, you will find documentation about the column there. For featured blog image, the safest size would be 600 pixels wide and 900 pixels tall.
VectorFresh is a paid vector site by the Stock Photo Press Team. It is founded by Amos Struck to provide the creative community with a low-priced source of high quality vectors. Given the site’s success, Amos wanted to give back to the graphic designers they have worked alongside with by giving them a free source of vectors. That’s right! A vector free VectorFresh is now live!
Where can you get free VectorFresh items? The new and reliable source of free vectors is Vectorain. All files are originally for sale at VectorFresh, so you can be sure they are of the highest quality. No tricks or games – you can really download and use these free files in your creative projects. They come with a standard license so you can use them in any project for as long as you like.
At Vectorain, you can enjoy all these benefits:
- Easy to navigate website
- Over 4,000 premium quality vectors
- Absolutely free files
- High quality and functional vectors
- Standard license for all files
- EPS formatted files compatible with any editing software
Vectorain’s library includes results from Vectorain to compliment your personalized searches. All files are hand-checked for quality, consistency and functionality, so you don’t have to deal with corrupt or broken vectors anymore. Backed by industry experts, you can be sure that you are getting only the highest quality vector graphics there is.
Does it sound too good to be true? See for yourself. Visit Vectorain.com and explore over 4,000 vector free VectorFresh items in the library. The team behind Vectorain has been in the industry for over a decade and has enough experience to reach out to you. With help, tips, advice and input from the creative community, they have come up with the best free vector platform for you. Discover what the website has in store for you and grab what you like!
Rights managed or royalty free? Many people are confused which license to get for their creative projects. If you are going to be a part of a creative community, you should know how to play the rules. You need to know the difference between RM and RF, so you can get the best license that suits your creative needs without overspending for what you don’t really need. To help you tell them apart, we’re going to break it down for you.
- Rights Managed. Rights managed allows you to license the image based on usage. The licensing fee is decided according to location, length of time that image will be used, and the type of media. You can also opt for exclusive rights if you want to use the image for a duration of time alone, without worrying about finding the same image in your rivals’ website. Of course, there are some restrictions applied that you should follow. Check out the difference between Rights Managed and Royalty-Free here.
- Royalty-free. Royalty-free is the most common type of license in the market. Many stock photo agencies offer RF to creative professionals around the world. You only have to pay a one-time fee and you can use the images for as long as you want in any creative project. Essentially known as unrestricted content”, the price of the images usually depends on the resolution and size of the image. You will have no exclusivity rights, so you might see the images in other websites.
If you purchase a rights managed image, you have the option to include exclusive rights for that image for in a specific location for a period of time. For instance, you are licensing the image in South America for one year. You can expect that nobody else can purchase and download the same image. The higher the price of the rights managed image means the lesser it has been used. This is fairly ideal for you because this means the likeliness to find the same image in another company is slim, even without exclusivity rights.
Royalty-free grants non-exclusive, unlimited and multiple use of stock images. It often includes a few restrictions and is paid one-time. On the other hand rights managed provides time-limited and geographically-restricted use of images. Oftentimes, it grants exclusive usage on a specified duration of time. It only covers the consigned use, so if you need to use the image for a different purpose, you have to acquire another license.
To choose which license to get, there are a number of things you need to consider such as price, exclusivity, and others. Small to medium businesses that run ads can benefit from royalty-free. If you want a higher level of protection that you cannot have with RF, you should get rights managed.
iStock has millions of high quality royalty-free images in its library, and over 80,000 more added each week. Powered by Getty Images, it offers premium visuals at ridiculously great prices. If you are looking for a great deal, you will find it in the agency. It contains images you can find in other websites and creative content you will not find anywhere else. Furthermore, the stock site installed recent search upgrades to make your search easier and faster.
iStock offers flexible rates to its users. It allows them to download images by paying per credit and subscribing to a plan. With credits, they can save more when they buy more. Credits do not also expire, so they can keep them for their next image purchase. We recommend credits for one-time image downloads. On the other hand, subscriptions offer the best rates on photos. We recommend it for users with consistent creative needs.
Luckily, we have exclusive iStock coupons for both. We got our hands on iStock coupon codes 2016 and we are happy to offer them to avid Stock Photo Secrets readers. While most coupons last for only a short period of time or give maximum discounts, ours will give you discounts on your yearly subscriptions. If you are a new customer, we have a coupon that offers 10% discount on all credit packs. If you are an existing iStock member, we have 15% discount on all subscriptions.
To redeem your code, follow these simple steps:
- Choose a credit pack or subscription you want to buy. If you are a new customer, iStock credit packages do not expire which means you can use them forever. Also, you can save more when you buy more. We recommend buying 60 or more credits to get the best value for your money. If you are an existing customer, subscriptions are available on a monthly and yearly basis. They also allow you to rollover your unused downloads.
- Log in your account or create one. New customers will be asked to create a free iStock account to log in, while existing customers can proceed to fill in their personal, shipping and billing details.
- Enter coupon code. You will find the iStock promo code box above the VAT information. Enter your coupon code and provide your credit card details on the payment page to apply them. Congratulations! You just saved 10% or 15% on your purchase.
There are a number of reasons why creative professionals around the world choose iStock to be their primary image source. Probably the most popular is the fact that the stock site offers the best content at the right price. It provides several options for images at the best value for your money. Furthermore, it features iStock coupon codes that offer substantial savings on both credit purchases and subscription plans.